Re: GPG fingerprints

also sprach Tim Haynes (on Mon, 17 Sep 2001 05:05:27PM +0100):
> Unless I'm well mistaken, of course... But I'd never trust a key whose
> fingerprint had turned up in public before.

that's a little ridiculous, isn't it, given that i can use my gpg to
view the fingerprint of your public key, which is, uh, public. you can
safely post your fingerprint everywhere, but you have to do
fingerprint verification - i have to read you mine - over the phone

because light travels faster than sound,
some people appear to be intelligent,
until you hear them speak.