Re: Listening Ports

On Mon, Sep 10, 2001 at 10:22:49AM +0200, Alexander Reelsen wrote:
> On Sun, Sep 09, 2001 at 06:31:57PM -0400, hpknight wrote:
> inetd also has this feature (not very well documented).
> use service@ip in inetd.conf in order to use that feature.
> xinetd is nicer, anyway :-)

	I went on an tried this:
echo@127.0.0.1          stream  tcp     nowait  root    internal
echo@127.0.0.1          dgram   udp     wait    root    internal

	and this showed up:
Sep 12 20:25:45 templar inetd[799]: internal service echo@127.0.0.1
unknown

	So I'm not really sure that does work on inetd.
(running Debian 2.2 with netbase 3.18-4)

(...)
> --
> Alexander Reelsen   http://joker.rhwd.de
> ref@linux.com       GnuPG: pub 1024D/F0D7313C  sub 2048g/6AA2EDDB
> ref@tretmine.org    7D44 F4E3 1993 FDDF 552E  7C88 EE9C CBD1 F0D7 313C
> Securing Debian:    http://joker.rhwd.de/doc/Securing-Debian-HOWTO

	Could you please take a look at
http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/securing-debian-howto/index.en.html?

	I have update the Securing-Debian-howto, fixed some stuff, added
some new information, but all the mails sent to ar@joker have bounced. I
am currently integrating other suggestions/additions given by some other
people, but please note that I'm currently working based on version 1.7 so
1.8 should be coming soon.

	I will modify the document since your mail was bouncing and I
removed it in order to avoid confusion. Please get in touch with me (off
the list) in order to coordinate document changes .

	Javi