CGI Perl Security

Hello Everyone,

I'm not quite sure if this is the right place to be posting this, but I am
using Debian and it is a security related question.

We are currently developing a new website with perl that consists of using
the HTML::Template module.  In the beginning of this script there are
multiple constants defined which point to the template files using the
$ENV{DOCUMENT_ROOT} environment variable.

Does this present any more/less of a security risk then just hardcoding the
entire path into the script?

Thanks in advance.

--
Leonard Leblanc