Re: iptables install

Jim Breton, 2001-Jul-20 20:01 +0000:
> On Fri, Jul 20, 2001 at 12:37:49PM -0700, Jeff Coppock wrote:
> >    Do I need to dist-upgrade to woody to use iptables?
>
> Nope.
>
> http://netfilter.samba.org
>
> Compiles very easily from source.  HTH.

   I was able to compile a good 2.4.6 kernel and then compiled
   iptables from source.

   I have all the netfilter stuff as modules, but I can't load
   any of them.

   # modprobe ip_tables
   modprobe: Can't locate module ip_tables

   But, it's definitely there.  I can't figure out how to fix
   this.  Any help is very much appreciated.

   thanks,
   jc

--

Jeff Coppock		Nortel Networks