Re: shared root account

On Fri, Jul 06, 2001 at 01:19:24PM +0300, Juha Jäykkä wrote:
>   I distrust allowing root logins from anywhere but local console(s)
> or non-modem gettys i.e. from anywhere over the not-owned-by-me cable.
 umm do You want to run in circles from one machine to another? ;o))
 if not than You need to remotely logon somehow, right?
 i think that ssh'ing into the machine and than than su'ing to root is no
 different than ssh'ing directly as root into that machine...
 (well when You do a su You leave a trace in logs of that fact, while You are
 directly ssh'ing into there is no info in logs on who actually logged on as
 root; there is some patch to <<at least partialy>> fix the latter and it was
 mentioned on debian-devel i think)

--
 Robert Ramiega | jedi@plukwa.net  IRC: _Jedi_ | Do not underestimate
 UIN: 13201047  | http://www.plukwa.net/       | the power of  Source