Re: [security] Re: Using BIND in a chroot enviro?

also sprach Tim Haynes (on Sun, 01 Jul 2001 05:02:26PM +0100):
> In the init.d scripts, you'll find it easiest to rip out the
> start-stop-daemon stuff and run the command directly,
>         /usr/sbin/named -t /etc/bind -u named
> unless you're a purist in which case, you tell me how instead ;)

CHROOT=/var/chroot/named
DAEMON=$CHROOT/bin/named
NAME=named

start-stop-daemon --start --quiet \
  --pidfile $CHROOT/var/run/$NAME.pid \
  --exec $DAEMON -- -u named -t $CHROOT

q:      how did you get into artificial intelligence?
a:      seemed logical -- i didn't have any real intelligence.