Re: Wierd file name?

On Sat, Jun 30, 2001 at 10:36:49PM +0200, Piotr Krukowiecki wrote:
> But what bothers me is where did that file come from?
> 'test' is in shellutils, but '[' is not in any of package files:
> piotr@localhost:~$ LANG=en dpkg -S `which [` `which test`
> dpkg: /usr/bin/[ not found.
> shellutils: /usr/bin/test

You've got to watch out for those regexp metas:

$ dpkg --search "\["
shellutils: /usr/share/man/man1/[.1.gz
shellutils: /usr/bin/[
$ dpkg --search "["
dpkg: [ not found.

--
I didn't write a whole, free operating system, either.  I wrote some pieces
and invited other people to join me by writing other pieces.  So I set an