Re: ProFtpd question

Reidar Krogstad <reidak@online.no> writes:

> And why not /bin/true ?
> When I add ftp-only users I set their shell to /bin/true.
> That makes them able to log in with ftp without access to a shell.
[snip]

Personal preference in choosing shells: if they have access to a service on
the box, /bin/true; if they have no access at all, /bin/false; if they're
peasants who need telling that they have no access,
/usr/local/bin/buzzoff.sh or words to that effect.

(That way I can glance at passwd and say `do they have access? false'...)

~Tim
--
There's a sadness, there's a joy            |piglet@stirfried.vegetable.org.uk
There's a place,                            |http://spodzone.org.uk/