Re: auth.log

On Wed, Jun 20, 2001 at 01:46:26PM +0100, Colin Phipps wrote:
> It's a cron job that does a su nobody before running something, do a
> grep nobody /etc/cron.daily/* and it'll probably be there.

specifically its /etc/cron.daily/find which rebuilds the locatedb.
updatedb is a shellscript and uses nobody to switch to the configured
uid.  (so protected directories are not listed in the locatedb).

i think it should use start-stop-daemon --chuid instead so there is
no log entry like this and we don't get these messages on the list
every 2 days.

--
Ethan Benson
http://www.alaska.net/~erbenson/