RE: rlinetd security

[snip]

Now that answers some questions.  Much better.  At least when I turn them
off I will have a clue about what might break.

BTW, my philosophy on disabling unknown services/ports has been to disable
it and see if anything breaks.  If something breaks, then figure out what to
do about it.  But, this can be a tough philosophy on production machines.
(No, I don't have machines that I can test with here.  Nor do I have the
time to set them up.)

The concept of 'if you don't know why your running them you don't need
them.' may be good advice but doesn't help those of use that are trying to
understand Security.

Pat Moffitt
MIS Administrator
Western Recreational Vehicles, Inc.