'locate' does not check permissions

Hi list,

   I created a directory /home/pzn/private/ and chmod it go-rwx to put my private things.
   Then nobody can see the contents and files of this directory, right? I've believed it was true, but other user can do:

   $ ls -l ~pzn/
     drwx--S---   20 pzn      pzn          4096 Mai 16 09:54 private
   $ locate private | grep "/home/pzn/private"
     the whole contents of my private dir suddenly appears here...

   Why doesn't locate/updatedb saves the permissions?

   Thanks in advance,
      Pedro

--
           Pedro Zorzenon Neto  <http://www.autsens.cjb.net/~pzn>