Re: root fs/crypted

it should also be possible to include basic network support
into the initrd to enable 'entering' a password remote.
we can't support all methods allowed by /etc/network/interfaces
(ppp/wvdial should be omitted..) but static/dhcp/bootp are
possible.
there authorization process could beneath reading /dev/console
also listen on an udp port.
local and remote station must share a secret(key) to allow secure
communication. a couple of one time pads for maximum security
would be the best.

i don't want to drive through the whole city because someone
accidentally unplugged my box :)