Re: strange log entry

On Thu, May 24, 2001 at 04:50:57AM -0700, Jacob Meuser wrote:

> BS, when was the last time you installed OpenBSD?  I just did an install

2.5

> today.  I guarantee portmap, ruserd, and rstatd are enabled by default,
> as the installer doesn't even ask what you want to activate, and these
> programs are part of the base tarball.

in 2.5 ftpd, portmap, smtp, and identd were open, i am pretty sure
rstatd was not.  2.6 i think disabled ftpd by default, shortly
thereafter a root hole was found in openbsd's ftpd and they prompty
said `ftpd is not enabled in the default install of 2.6 (or whatever)
and thus there is no root hole in our default install'

--
Ethan Benson
http://www.alaska.net/~erbenson/