Re: Unable to gain access to secure sites.

On Wed, May 16, 2001 at 09:59:05AM +0800, Tham Kine Seng wrote:
> Hi to all,
> 	I'm a newbie to Linux sys and I need some help here. I am unable to
> access secure sites using mozilla and netscape,

 It should be possible with netscape.  Mozilla in Debian is not making much
progress, because the maintainer doesn't want to do anything until someone
decides whether crypto can go in main now that US law is relaxed.  That's
why we're still at M18 with no crypto :(

> is there any package
> that I should install on my Debian before I can do it? Or is it a
> kernel thing? I am using Kernel 2.4.

 It's not a kernel thing.  All you need is a web browser that does
encryption.  I'm not sure how to do this with Netsape or Mozilla from the
debian packages, but lynx-ssl for one works fine.  konqueror +
kdebase-crypto also works fine.

--
#define X(x,y) x##y