Re: apache running as root?

Previously Philipp Schulte wrote:
> I am running Apache 1.3.9 and I am wondering, if this might be a
> security issue. There is always one Apache-process running as root.

That process doesn't process requests, it only accepts connections
and hands them off to the other process. It needs to run as root
so it can run as other users as well (for example to run CGIs)

Wichert.

 / Generally uninteresting signature - ignore at your convenience  \
| wichert@cistron.nl                  http://www.liacs.nl/~wichert/ |