Re: anyone using telnet

I when you say "their account" do you mean they have an account on the
machine you're seeting up accounts for? Or is this machine some kind of
"public kiosk" where anyone can get on?

Allowing anyone to telnet in is a BAD idea. That means a script kiddie
from Belguim can telnet in. If you want to set up a public setup, make a
username and password, and just post it.

Also, this doesn't require the telnet or ssh daemon to be running (unless
you need them for something else).

Another solution is use NIS and have everyone's account information in one
location, and share it across the machines.

			-rishi