Re: Network security

*

| This error is taken from a firewall branded "Raptor" or something.
| Is the 2.4.2 kernel's TCP/IP stack non-standard, the firewall just plain
| stupid, or is there a security problem somewhere??

Have you chosen to use 'Explicit Congestion Notification' when you
compiled the kernel?  If so, many firewalls and routers drop packages
with this set.  It bit me, and I couldn't find out what it was - look
at whether /proc/sys/net/ipv4/tcp_ecn contains a 0 (which works here),
or a 1 (which causes some problems).

</wild guess>

--

Tollef Fog Heen
Unix _IS_ user friendly... It's just selective about who its friends are.