Re: OpenSSH fails to login if user password has expired

On Sun, Feb 25, 2001 at 04:25:08PM +0100, Stefan Beckers wrote:
> after searching documentation half the day without finding any hints, maybe
> someone can help me here.
>
> I am running OpenSSH (Package ssh Ver 1.2.3-9.2). My problem is, if a Password
> has expired, the user shold be forced to change it. This works fine if the user
> logs in on a tty, but if he tries to log on via ssh, permission is denied.

this is a fosselized bug report, i have been told its fixed in the ssh
in unstable (and maybe testing by now).  there is no way to make it
work in 1.2.

> Is there a way to configure sshd to act as login on a normal tty does?

maybe try UseLogin yes but im not certain that works right in this
version either.

--
Ethan Benson
http://www.alaska.net/~erbenson/