Re: SSH

On Fri, Feb 09, 2001 at 04:17:54PM +0100, Jonas Carlsson wrote:
> Maybe ssh_2.3.0 exist in unstable ?
yes. unstable/testing was what I looked at. Don't know about potato aka stable.
(it can, as release distributin, not be changed anyways, although the
security fixes are backported to the old version)

> Do I gain something in security if I install SSH-2 ?
> What is the difference between 1 and 2 ?
The numbers show AFAIK the protocol versions. v2 is believed to be more
secure and more featurefull. Read the docs for more information.

> // Jonas C
bye,

    -christian-

--
  It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats.