Re: Encrypted file transfer

On Tue, Jan 02, 2001 at 02:57:40PM -0200, Pedro Zorzenon Neto wrote:
> I know how to use gnupg and scp and they would work fine, but the
> other computer does't have them installed. I sent an email to
> root@remote_computer and they answer me that they can't install
> anything for me.
>
> Does anyone know a way to install gnupg, ssh-client or some other
> program in the remote computer as an normal user and encript data to
> send to my home computer???? If you know more than one way to do this,
> I'd prefer some assimetric encription method (public/private key).
I've got a source of a netcat with crypt capabilities floating around
somewhere. If you want I can mail it to you or so. It's called cryptcat
iirc, perhaps you can find it one the need. However it is quite limited.
(I don't have any URL for it atm)

Another idea would be to use a small perl client/server modell with
Crypt::CBC and IDEA...

You could also wrap your ftpd into SSL or use a httpsd. There are dozens
of possibilites...

MfG/Regards, Alexander

--
Alexander Reelsen   http://joker.rhwd.de