Re: strange file

On Mon, Nov 20, 2000 at 06:07:55AM -0900, Ethan Benson wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 20, 2000 at 03:50:29PM +0100, Virginie-ML wrote:
> >
> > I don't :)
> > Especially when I don't use esound...
>
> do you have it installed?  gnome programs love to start all kinds of
> little daemons and such all on their own, esd is one of them.  even if
> you don't use gnome as your desktop environment/windowmanger if you
> start almost any gnome program it will launch all sorts of other little
> things.

I tried to remove it, but there are too much dependancies...Does anybody
know what are the binaries/libraries strictly needed to run gnome
programs like jpilot...without any desktop or daemons ?

NB: the only thing I found on esound exploits was related to
/tmp/.esd on rpm-based distrib only...Maybe I'm just paranoïd :)

--
          ^^
   (_____/°°-ç    Virginie
   |     \_`-"