Re: vixie cron... (fwd)

On Fri, Nov 17, 2000 at 03:46:19AM -0900, Ethan Benson wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 17, 2000 at 12:36:54PM +0000, thomas lakofski wrote:
> > fyi -- i've not tried it.
>
> i have, it does not work, i tried several different variations and
> failed to create any files in /var/spool/cron.
>
> i do not believe debian is vulnerable.

Aw, you ruined my theory.  I just told someone, after running the
exploit, that I didn't think anyone would have the patience to test
it out throroughly..  They'd just fix the problem, since it'd
probably be quicker than verifying that it actually existed.  ;)

--
"... being a Linux user is sort of like living in a house inhabited
by a large family of carpenters and architects. Every morning when