Re: I want to try something for freedom.

Patrick Maheral <pmaheral@AAI.ca> writes:

> Isn't there a provision in American (or Canadian) law that allows reverse
> engineering (not disassembling code) for interoperability purposes?

AFAIK, that only lets you get around trade secrets.  By definition, patents are
public knowledge, but the patent limits the implementation.  Trade secrets are,
well, secret, and have no (AFAIK) legal protection unless the owner of the
secret can prove that the secret was cracked using illegal means (e.g. break
and enter, theft, etc).  The only protection trade secrets get is in keeping
them secret.

Hubert