Re: GNOME'e nterm service

Hello

[I Cc'ed the maintainer of gnome-session.]

On Thu, Oct 19, 2000 at 12:56:28PM +0100, Colin Phipps wrote:
> As to why it listens on all interfaces, pass, probably it needs to so gnome
> apps running on different machines can communicate.
>
> #include <netinet/firewall.h>
We should made *this* configurable by debconf. As Debian (should) have security
as one goal, there's really no need for programs to have doors open to the
net. And which novice can use firewall rules under Linux?
(I doubt that gnome-session is programmed by someone who has security as
first position in mind this could easily lead to a windows like
crash-me-simply-attack problem)

> Colin
bye,

 -christian-

--
Christian Hammers    WESTEND GmbH - Aachen und Dueren     Tel 0241/701333-0
ch@westend.com     Internet & Security for Professionals    Fax 0241/911879