Re: recent gpm DoS issue

On Sat, Jul 29, 2000 at 02:41:51PM -0800, Ethan Benson wrote:
> we we could just fix the DoS in gpm, no?

Presumably so, though I'm not sure how the internals of gpm work... it
is conceivable that any data written to that socket in the right format
(or whatever) would be read as valid by the gpm process.  Over my head!
;)  But the principle of "minimum permissions necessary" would still be
worth employing, assuming it could be done without a significant
negative impact on the operation of the software....