Re: icmp: echo reply? Am I being attacked?

Thank you very much for your help. I will now contact the person in
charge of the local network and explain exactly what you have told me. I
had already reported this attack but they were unable to solve the
problem...

If this doesn't work I will try to block these ping broadcasts at the
local Unix/Linux machines like Michael Stone sugested.

Anyway, this list has won another subscriber and I will do my best to
learn as much as I can about Linux security so that I can also be of
some help to others.

Nuno Faria