HavenCo

I don't know how many people read about HavenCo on slashdot, but it seems
that they want to use an audited version of Debian for their servers.

http://slashdot.org/articles/00/07/02/160253.shtml  look for the question
by BoLean

It looks as if they want audited packages signed by the auditors and more
platform support.  Is this a worthwhile project and is it doable?  I'm not
so sure that falling in line to a commercial entity is a good thing, but I
ain't everybody.  Perhaps a subproject like trusted debian or
somesuch.  One thing: the floppies problem would be minimzed on this
project, as the servers are on a costal defense battery 7NM off the coast
of the UK that has a habit of firing on unwanted visitors :)

--
<a mailto:galt@inconnu.isu.edu>Who is John Galt?</a>

	-- Ferenc Mantfeld