Re: How can I help ?

On Wed, Jun 14, 2000 at 02:43:07PM +0200, Wichert Akkerman wrote:
> A good free reimplementation of portsentry is something I would really
> like to see. Right now portsentry works reasonably, but it could really
> use a bunch of extra features.

Can't snort do almost everything portsentry does if configured with the
right plug-ins?  If I remember correctly, portsentry also keeps a
database and can do correlation of scans over long periods of time, but
that's the only thing I can think of that snort wouldn't do?

(Or did I *really* miss something and snort's non-free?  I can tell I
have too much on my mind right now, and probably shouldn't be asking
this because it's probably a really dumb question.)

--
Nate Duehr <nate@natetech.com>