Re: How can I help ?

On Tue, Jun 13, 2000 at 03:54:25PM +0200, Thomas Guettler wrote:
> I am in the same position. I have got some time left which
> I could spent in an opensource project. Nearly all
> things I dream of are already working.
> So that I don't know where to join.
> And Mozilla ist too big.
> And like Florian I am interested in security.
>
> If someone knows where to start, please give
> us a hint.
> I know some C, C++, Perl, Shell, Java, XML.
>
> One thing I am interested is, which ist AFAIK no
> implemented yet:
> Crossplattform userauthentication (win+unix),
> via LDAP.
For the unix side, please have a look at libpam-ldap and libnss-ldap. I made
some patches against the stock debian package to support debconf for these
modules. I think better LDAP support for debian would be a very good thing(tm).
(If someone is interessed in the patches, please have a look at
 http://master.debian.org/~mvo/ldap. I am very interessed in feedback).

What I really miss is a LDAP enabled user-manager. If someone would working
on that... :)

bye
 Michael

--
GPG Fingerprint = EA71 B296 4597 4D8B 343E  821E 9624 83E1 5662 C734