Re: Mutt/gnupg

On Mon, Dec 11, 2000 at 04:26:45PM -0300, Eduardo Gargiulo wrote:
> I'm new using mutt.
> I want to send my messeges clear signed, but I can't.
> I'm using gnupg, and I put in my .muttrc
> set pgp_sign_command="gpg --clearsign"
> but the signature is attached in binary format. How can I sign my messages in ASCII from mutt?

You need to add the --armor argument to get ascii output.

Btw, Mutt comes with a sample gpg rc file which you can source to get
most of this working flawlessly and without any extra effort:

/usr/local/doc/mutt/samples/gpg.rc

Or if you are using the Mutt package, it might be in /usr/share/doc
somewhere.

Fyi, that file contains the following line:

set pgp_sign_command="gpg --no-verbose --batch --output - --passphrase-fd 0 --armor --detach-sign --textmode %?a?-u %a? %f"

In your .muttrc file, put the line:

source /usr/local/doc/mutt/samples/gpg.rc