Re: Debian Security-HOWTO

On 00-12-01 Wichert Akkerman wrote:
> Previously Javier Fernandez-Sanguino Pe?a wrote:
> > I do not know if other developers are aware, but there is a nice
> > Security HOWTO available in
> > http://joker.rhwd.de/doc/Securing-Debian-HOWTO and made by Alexander
> > Reelsen (which I am sending this to in case he is not on the list).

> A quick peek shows that it doesn't document dpkg-statoverries, which is
> probably a very valuable tool for securing systems.

How long is dpkg-statoverries available for debian? I think it was
introduced only a very short time ago. So the author Alexander, had no
time to really play with this tool and write a paragraph about it.
(That's what I assume and may not be the reality, but I think I'm close
to it :).

Ciao
     Christian
--
          Debian Developer and Quality Assurance Team Member