Setting up iptables with 2.4.0test11

I am trying to setup iptables so that I can MASQUERADE my other boxes with private IPs.
I have a DSL connection with a fixed IP.

Ran iptables-1.1.2's make patch-o-matic
Recompiled the kernel 2.4.0test11 netfilter enabled.
"I am not sure if enabled the correct netfilter options"

Then I have tried
which returns
iptables: No chain/target/match by that name

Can someone provide a step by step procedure for configuring
IP masquerading with iptables with a 2.4.0 kernel.

thanks a lot to anyone taking time to reply.

-Tim.

What am I missing.