Re: PAM support on potato

Philippe BARNETCHE wrote:

> It looks like xdm doesn't support pam.

http://people.debian.org/~branden/
take a look at the "Looking Ahead" section

> I can't get pam_ldap working (either with login or gdm or kdm) while it's
> running great on other distributions.

depending on your needs this will cover gdm or not, here's what I use:
auth     requisite  pam_nologin.so
auth     required   pam_env.so
auth     required   pam_ldap.so
account  required   pam_ldap.so
session  required   pam_unix.so
password required   pam_ldap.so

It should be noted that I don't use a pam_unix failover for auth or session
because on my workstation there are no valid shell accounts in the password
file, outside of root ofcourse who shouldn't be loging in via gdm ever
anyway.

I haven't had any luck getting the pam_ldap password stuff to work, ymmv.

login is more complicated and you should really understand fully what
you're doing before you construct a login pam config.  But suffice it to
say that pam_ldap does work atleast for auth and account.

--
Jamie Heilman                   http://audible.transient.net/~jamie/
"I was in love once -- a Sinclair ZX-81.  People said, "No, Holly, she's