Re: funny rpc.statd events

On Tue, Oct 10, 2000 at 10:28:39PM -0400, Ben Pfaff wrote:
> Daniel Jacobowitz <dan@debian.org> writes:
>
> > This was fixed a month or two before potato was released.
>
> I've seen those too, on up-to-date woody, so I don't think it
> really got fixed.

To clarify this, the logging of the message does not indicate a
problem.  If the attack had succeeded, rpc.statd would have most likely
have crashed before it finished writing to the syslog (I think... don't
quote me on that).  It will certainly continue to log the attack in
this annoying manner.  Potato and woody are not vulnerable.

Dan