Re: possible security flaw in screen 3.9.5-9

On Fri, Sep 08, 2000 at 07:00:01PM -0800, Ethan Benson wrote:
> > BTS?
>
> Bug Tracking System
>
> http://www.debian.org/Bugs
>
> i don't remember which tetex package has the long conversion about the
> issue though...

Ahh. Thanks. I looked there initially to see if this was reported for
screen but found naught. Will have a look at tetex later I think but
atm the sun appears to be demanding worship...

> > doh. what do those files do? (if you know offhand)
>
> i don't remember exactly tex is totally broken unless they are
> writable by all though.

Doh. :/

> > > most people do since its priority standard.
> >
> > aye. I'd say it needs fixing also then. :)
>
> agreed but it will probably need fixing upstream, the changes are
> really too much for debian to do themselves.

*nod*

> > > still i don't think its good to overload /tmp with this kind of
> > > garbage more then necessary or that list could get rediculous.
> >
> > Yes it could but then I think that's better then the alternative...
> > and if you REALLY wanted to, you could have a .debian or whatnot
> > dir in there to store all such things (or most of them/some of them)
>
> this is becoming a question for debian-devel or perhaps debian-policy.

Yup. It was just a sidethought at any rate.

> > > FHS may answer some of these questions too.
> >
> > FHS? :)
>
> Filesystem Hierarchy Standard http://www.pathname.com/fhs/

Ahh yes. Now I remember.

Many thanks. :)

--
CaT (cat@zip.com.au)

	'He had position, but I was determined to score.'
		-- Worf, DS9, Season 5: 'Let He Who Is Without Sin...'