Re: Checksums on ftp

On Wed, 26 Apr 2000, Ethan Benson wrote:

> so why don't we use sha1 or rmd160 or all three like OpenBSD ;-)
>
> lets see you break those ;-)
>
> --
> Ethan Benson
> http://www.alaska.net/~erbenson/

I think the system OpenBSD uses is great, I think we should combine:
dpkg, apt and aide (the just added to unstable intruder detection system,
includes checking on conf and binaries).

The system would work like this:
apt-get install package
check md5 and others inculded in the file or in seperate files that where
on the ftp/http site.
check if aide is installed, if so:
	check if the files that needs to be installed are in the
directories that need to be checked by aide, if so make md5 and
others. Then install the file.
(and ofcourse make medium on which database exists readonly again, by
hardware).

And no I can't code. :(
	Leen.