Re: Automatic password changing

On Thu, Mar 23, 2000 at 04:26:59PM +0000, Tim Haynes wrote:
> My first attempt was exactly that (well unless I've misunderstood something
> about the lack of 's/'); it messes up the end of line, basically everything
> beyond the bit the LHS matches. Hence the above amendment after some testing.
> This might be a 5.005_03 problem, of course.

 I think the problem was that you had /root for the field after encrypted
password.  For one thing, gecos comes next, and for another, that's
/etc/passwd not /etc/shadow.  I'm not blaming you for that, I probably would
have made some mistake too, since we weren't expecting anyone to try it on
their system shadow file without testing it on a sample first!

 Ok, this is my last msg on this thread.  Let's all give this a rest, since
the guy who wanted it has got it working at his site. :)

--
#define X(x,y) x##y
DUPS Secretary ; http://is2.dal.ca/~dups/