MySQL security fix

Hello

There was a Bugtraq announcement for a MySQL Server security flaw today.
The case was a password checking routine that allowed every user on a
host that was allowed to connect to a mysql server to guess the password
of an existing(!) user with only 32 tries.

There was a small fix provided which I applied to my mysql-server package
and uploaded it as mysql-server_3.22.30-4_i386.deb.

bye,

 -christian-

--
Christian Hammers    WESTEND GmbH - Aachen und Dueren     Tel 0241/701333-0
ch@westend.com     Internet & Security for Professionals    Fax 0241/911879