Re: Requesting sponsorship for the httprobe package

Hi Aquila,

As promised, here's my review.  Please Cc me when replying :-).

- lintian is complaining that there's no manual page for the program.
  As I've recently reviewed some of your packages and I know you do a
  great job at writing these missing upstream manpages, could you do it
  for this one as well, please?  :-)

- This is an architecture-dependent package which does not satisfy the
  requirements to be marked as "Multi-Arch: foreign".

- The only copyright notice I could find was "2019 Tom Hudson", but I
  see on d/copyright that you wrote "2017" instead.  Out of curiosity,
  did you find some other copyright notice that made you decide to
  change the year?

- I see that you wrote some dep8 tests.  That's awesome!  I have a few
  comments about them.

  * Unless you're taking care of logging yourself, I always like to use
    "set -x" because it allows for easier debugging if/when the test
    fails.

  * I see you're choosing to "exit 77" if the call to "httprobe" fails.
    Any reason why you're skipping the test instead of failing?

  * When doing string comparison using the single bracket operator, you
    should use "=" instead of "==".  bash is nice and accepts "==" in
    this case, but it's better to use the right syntax.

  * I see that you're comparing variables containing multi-line strings.
    I would recommend saving the output to a temporary file instead and
    using "diff -u" to compare things.  It's safer and simpler.

  * You should quote "$?".

  * You are using "brasilia.debian.net" as an input/output.  I would
    recommend refrain from using domains which are more "volatile" than
    *.debian.org.  Just stick to {salsa.,}debian.org and you should be
    fine :-).

That's all I have for now.  It's getting late here; I'll take another
look tomorrow.

Thanks!

--
Sergio
GPG key ID: 237A 54B1 0287 28BF 00EF  31F4 D0EB 7628 65FC 5E36