Re: ccrypt updated, review and upload needed

Hello Sven,

On 29/02/2024 6:13 am, Sven Geuer wrote:
Hello Team,

I have been working on the ccrypt package [1] and pushed the result to
salsa, the CI pipeline was processed without any complaint.

I would be pleased if one of the DDs would review my work and upload
the package to unstable.

I did the review and it all looks good, I'm uploading the package right now.

Regarding your commit "Apply 'wrap-and-sort -a' to d/control": did you consider using the option -t of wrap-and-sort as well? From the man page:

    -t, --trailing-comma: Add a trailing comma at the end of the sorted fields.  This minimizes future differences in the VCS commits when additional dependencies are appended or removed.

To clarify: if you look at your debian/control:

    Enhances: emacs,
              emacs24,
              emacs25

The day you'll add support for emacs26, it will result in a 2-lines change, since the line 'emacs25' will become 'emacs25,' and then there will be a new line 'emacs26'. If there was already a trailing comma, then adding support for emacs26 would be 1-line change, it would just be a new line 'emacs26,', thus making the change a bit more concise.

I just mention it in case you didn't know about it, in case it's helpful. I know it can also be matter of taste, and I don't think the pkg-security team has a documented preference. Maybe it's just my own preference :)

Thanks for taking care of this package, have a nice day/evening/night? !

Best,

--
Arnaud Rebillout / OffSec / Kali Linux Developer