Re: regripper needs source-obnly upload

Hi Jan,

Em sáb., 26 de nov. de 2022 às 03:28, Jan Gru <j4n6ru@gmail.com> escreveu:

> Dear Eriberto,
>
> thanks for pointing this out. I packaged `regripper' intially, and there
> is no issue with it, as far as I could tell. The package was reviewed by
> Samuel and Arnaud. Finally, it was kindly sponsored by Raphael Hertzog
> in October 2021 [0].
>
> Given that I can't do uploads, is there anything I could or should do
> about this issue?
>
> Best regards,
>     Jan
>
> --
> [0]
> https://tracker.debian.org/news/1267101/accepted-regripper-30git2021040505ef957dfsg1-1-source-all-into-unstable-unstable/

The package was sent to unstable with the binary (a .deb file) because
FTP Masters need to see the built package in its first upload.
However, uploads with binaries won't migrate to testing, so it is
needed to make a new upload without any binary after the package is
approved.

I could sponsor a new upload if you want this. Feel free to ask for
another sponsor. There is two possibilities:

- A source-only upload. In this case, you need to generate a new
Debian revision (dch -i) and write in the changelog: "* Source-only
upload".
- A complete revision of the package, updating Standards-Version,
copyright, etc. In this case, it is not needed to write "* Source-only
upload".

Regards,

Eriberto