Re: Request to review and upload unhide 20210124-2

Hello Samuel,

Thanks for working on this unhide draft package though you were busy in Debconf.

I had a look at Debian Policy, Developers Reference and Lintian Reports to understand the issues you pointed out.
Here is an updated draft of the unhide source package:

https://salsa.debian.org/dfukui/unhide/-/commits/debian/master
https://salsa.debian.org/dfukui/unhide/-/tags/debian%2F20210124-3

Following is a summary of the changes I made:

> 1) no-nmu-in-changelog and source-nmu-has-incorrect-version-number:
Yes, I should have added the line "* Team upload".
d/changelog was corrected accordingly.

> 2) unhide-gui: description-synopsis-starts-with-article:
Looks like my short description contains an initial indefinite article, causing this lintian issue.
d/control was corrected.

> 3) extended-description-is-probably-too-short:
OK, the extended description of unhide-gui should be more descriptive.
The extended description of the unhide package is reused with some small changes.
d/control was corrected.

As for the details of the changes mentioned above, take a look at the following comparison result:
https://salsa.debian.org/dfukui/unhide/-/compare/debian%2Fmaster-old...debian%2Fmaster?from_project_id=69150

Best,
Fukui

On Mon, 1 Aug 2022 at 07:11, Samuel Henrique <samueloph@debian.org> wrote:
Hello Daichi,

There are a few lintian findings I'd like you to resolve before we can
perform the upload, especially since this will go through the NEW
queue due to the inclusion of a new binary package:

1) no-nmu-in-changelog and source-nmu-has-incorrect-version-number:
This is happening because this upload needs to be marked as "Team
upload" in d/changelog, you can do that by adding "* Team upload" as
the first entry in the changelog.

2) unhide-gui: description-synopsis-starts-with-article:
Have a look at the lintian finding's full description and let me know
if you have any questions on how to address this.

3) extended-description-is-probably-too-short:
The description of unhide-gui is too short, you can reuse most of
what's in the unhide package for unhide-gui.

Thanks for all your work, and let me know if you have any questions.

Cheers,

--
Samuel Henrique <samueloph>