Re: Request to review and upload libewf 20140813-1

Hello Samuel,

I would like to send an updated source package of libewf.
Kindly find my inline comments below.

On Fri, 1 Jul 2022 at 21:51, Daichi Fukui <a.dog.will.talk@akane.waseda.jp> wrote:
Hello Samuel,

Thanks a lot for the feedback.
Plus, apologies for my very late reply.

With this email, I just wanted to say I've just started working on further improvement based on your recent comments.
Though I'm trying to fix flaws on my former proposed package, I would like to address the issues you mentioned, as follows.

> 1) d/changelog:
That's right.
It' just that I forgot to remove the Closes stanza from my draft.

I removed that stanza from the d/changelog draft.

> 2) d/tests:
It seems very useful to use autopkgtest-pkg-python for this kind of testing.
Yes, I'll update d/control as you suggested and see it's enough for our test case.
Thanks for introducing that package.

autopkgtest-pkg-python was added to d/control.
An autopkgtest job successfully passed in CI:
https://salsa.debian.org/dfukui/libewf/-/pipelines/398401

> 3) d/copyright:
licensecheck reports a bunch of source files that are subject to other licenses than LGPL3+.
It may need much effort to review that license scan report and update d/copyright accordingly.
So I'd appreciate it if you allow me to take some time.

New files, copyright holders, and licenses were added to d/copyright.
To review how things are changed, take a look at the following commit:
https://salsa.debian.org/dfukui/libewf/-/commit/c2fcbfd76ec8705765fa8e0e6bc85beade3a4cfe

Meanwhile, a new tag debian/20140813-1 was also added:
https://salsa.debian.org/dfukui/libewf/-/tags/debian%2F20140813-1

I would appreciate it if you consider uploading this source package.

When the improvement is satisfactory, I'll share an updated source package with you.

Best,
Fukui

Best,
Fukui