Re: Greenbone Source Edition Docs

Hi,

On 2021-07-05 7:14 a.m., Björn Ricks wrote:
> Hi,
>
> after a long journey I could finally release a first version of a "build
> from source" guide at https://greenbone.github.io/docs/
> It includes an installation procedure and setup on how we currently
> think our software stack should be deployed in a multi user setup. Feel
> free to ask questions and provide feedback!
>
> Wherever possible I tried to be as close to the current Debian packages
> from https://salsa.debian.org/pkg-security-team/ During writing the
> guide it has become obvious that several defaults on our side didn't
> make sense. Therefore I've changes a lot of default paths and also the
> systemd service files. These changes will be included in the next bugfix
> releases.

I saw that there was some changes in the Greenbone Scanner and other
related package that occur when it passed from Stretch to Buster. I've
seem to have problem using it in Buster (or Bullseye).

I would normally compile my own source package using what is the latest
found in the salsa repository for Debian package.

Is it now possible for me to download the source from salsa and build my
own package ?

I've also tried using in the past the source from Greenbone Github
repository and it wouldn't work. It's a while ago so I don't remember why.

I do appreciate this tool and was somewhat upset not to be able to use
it as usual on my current distribution (Buster).

Thanks
Sincerely,
--
Polyna-Maude R.-Summerside