Re: Intent to repackage Kali's bulk_extractor

Hello Jan,

> However, pkg-security-team's "Kali-Debian-tracker-spreadsheet" states

Oh, I had forgotten about that spreadsheet, I thought nobody was looking at it.
I have to consider updating or removing it to avoid confusion with old
data (last run was in 2019).

If anybody reading this considers that spreadsheet[0] useful even with
old data from 2019, let me know. It helped me get an overview of kali
vs debian packages around that time but I stopped updating it, I'll
dedicate some time to see if the script[1] still works.

> the following Lintian errors regarding bulk_extractor:
>
> ```
> - 1 possible-gpl-code-linked-with-openssl
> - 1 license-problem-json-evil

I can see you already fixed these two issues with upstream, which is a
really nice thing.
I'll review your package during this weekend.

Thanks a lot for your work and sorry for the late reply.

[0] https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1muSrob3G1c7ZwHlxfDAho4qtdJ9pZNycCKT9kWyIJkw/edit#gid=1566900788
[1] it's generated by a somewhat poor bash script, so it's prone to
issues all the way.

--
Samuel Henrique <samueloph>