Introductory Message - Contributing to Debian Forensics Environment

Dear pkg-security-members,

my name is Jan, I'm 29 y/o and come from Germany. I want to support Debian and would like to contribute to package maintenance in Debian's forensics environment. Since there no longer exists the dedicated pkg-forensics-team, I'll try to help here and aim at learning about the inner workings of the packaging process of Debian. I have a formal CS education and a theoretical as well as practical background in forensics and connected disciplines. My current interests revolve around botnets, APT TTPs, sandboxes and threat hunting/forensic analyses in general. I love Emacs and like to automate stuff with the help of Ansible, Vagrant and the like.

I would like to contribute to pkg-security by working on some of the open bugs/patches and try my best to package new software like volatility3 (since the original volatility has been dropped due to python2's EOL afaik) and other, at least imho helpful software...Currently I think of dshell, binref and other software, that I use myself.

My newly created salsa-account is https://salsa.debian.org/jgru. If you're curious, you could find me on Github [fn:1] and Twitter[fn:2] also - though I'm not very active there. If you have any questions, please feel free to drop me a message. I appreciate any hint, which could help me to find a smooth entry.

I hope, I can get my head around this new ecosystem quickly, so that I can be a help for Debian.
Looking forward to learn and contribute...

Best regards
Jan

* Footnotes

[fn:1] https://github.com/jgru