Re: Help with mdk4 FTBFS when building in parallel

Hi Samuel,

On 29.08.21 15:41, Samuel Henrique wrote:
I need help investigating why mdk4 randomly fails to build when in
parallel, I've been through the build log and couldn't spot anything.

The failure rate with -j16 is around 85%, I couldn't reproduce the
issue with -j1.

I also can't reproduce the issue directly in the upstream code with
make -j16, this just happens to me when under sbuild (it could have
something to do with the IO performance of schroot + eatmydata +
tmpfs).

I've just tried to reproduce the issue with -j12 using sbuild. Out of 8 test runs none failed. Which approximate failure rate do you observe with -j12?

Best regards,

Peter