radare2 / rizin community split

Hi,

while investigating a new update for radare2-cutter in regard to a planed removal of the package from my side I disovered that there has been a recent upstream community split that might be relevant to our packaging efforts in the whole radare2 realm[1].

The original developers of radare2-cutter left the project and are now working on a radare2 fork called rizin that is focused on stability.

1.12.0 will be the last release of cutter with r2 as a backend.

My suggestion:

1. Package rizin in addition to r2 (I can look into that)
2. RM radare2-cutter because there will be no further updates from the r2 team and the package name will change nonetheless
3. Create a rizin-cutter package and make it a replacement pkg

Any objections or ideas?

[1] https://rizin.re/posts/faq/#why-did-you-fork-radare2

Best regards,

Robert Haist