Better communication and co-ordination for GVM (OpenVAS)

Hi,

after having a quick chat on Twitter Raphaël Hertzog asked me to get in
touch with you at this list to start a discussion about a better user
experience for our Greenbone Vulnerability Management (GVM) stack
formerly known as OpenVAS.

First of all let me introduce myself. I am long time free software
developer. For example at the German free software consulting company
Intevation at some KDE/Kolab project. Since five years I am working at
Greenbone and have become the lead of the GVM development some time ago.

With this email I would like to ask how the current situation can be
improved and how we can reduce the frustration on both sides (upstream
and downstream). For example currently a lot o people are popping up at
our forum (https://community.greenbone.net/) having issues with the
setup on Kali. For us it is very difficult to help in this case and it
would be nice if some Kali developers could join the forum and assist
users with their setup.

Best regards
Björn

P.S.: I am not subscribed to the list. So please keep me in CC when
answering.
--
Bjoern Ricks |  Greenbone Networks GmbH  |  https://www.greenbone.net
Neumarkt 12, 49074 Osnabrueck, Germany | AG Osnabrueck, HR B 202460