Re: Request to review and upload libvhdi_20201018-1

On Fri, 27 Nov 2020, Samuel Henrique wrote:
> For reference, this was the ticket:
> https://github.com/libyal/libvhdi/issues/15
>
> I thought about this, as we have the option of performing the upload
> without a transition. My conclusion is that we should get the opinion of
> the release team on this, to lean on the safer side, so my suggestion is to:
> Upload what we have now to experimental;
> Create a bug for the release team explaining the issue and asking if they
> want us to do a transition or if just the binNMUs are fine.
>
> Views from the rest of the team are welcome :)

If we don't have packages affected by the symbol removal (which looks like
to be the case given that all packages are still building) then we don't
need to bump the SONAME and we don't need any transition. Feel free to
upload to unstable right away.

We don't have to care about programs manually compiled by the user, those
are outside of our control. And honestly, we're not speaking of a popular
library here so...

Cheers,
--
  ⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀   Raphaël Hertzog <hertzog@debian.org>